GRAFT Foundation which is an acronym for Ghana Reconstruction of Anomaly and Trauma Fund is a Ghanaian based non-governmental, non-profit making organization which seeks to bring hope to the medically hopeless and poor in West Africa by providing free reconstructive plastic surgery to bring smiles and reinstate them into society. Graft Foundation was founded by the Chairman, Dr. Kwame Abrokwaa-Yankyera, Head of the Plastic Surgery and Burns unit of 37 Military Hospital, Accra and managed by Dr. Brainerd Anani, who acts as the Managing Director and Projects Director.
Many lives have been changed through the Hope Projects and ECOWAS Compassion Outreaches organized by GRAFT Foundation.
The Hope Projects organized by the foundation has been held in the Tamale Teaching Hospital for people living in the three Northern parts of the Country, Effia Nkwanta Regional Hospital for people in the Western and Central Regions, Ho Regional Hospital for people living in the Volta and Eastern Regions and Methodist Hospital, Wenchi for people living in the Brong Ahafo Region of Ghana.
The Ecowas Compassion Outreach by the GRAFT foundation has change the lives of poor people with deformities in La Cote D’Ivoire and hope to extend her services to other West African Countries. Through the good works of the foundation, the chairman and founder, Dr. Kwame Abrokwaa-Yankyera was awarded the 2013 MTN Hero of Change and has received many other awards and recognitions notable amongst them is “AGYA PA” on TV AFRICA.
Graft Foundation was founded in 2009 but started operations in 2013. Graft Foundation is registered with the Registrar General with registration number G.28, 116 and the Department of Social Welfare DSW 5814.
Activities of the foundation includes:
- Supporting the medical needs of victims of trauma from disasters, burns and road accidents.
- Supporting treatment of children born with birth defects correctable by plastic surgery.
- Support reconstruction for breast cancer patients and offer surgical reconstruction to people who can’t afford the services of a plastic surgeon.
- Research, health education and awareness creation.
- Instituting student Programs for high school and university students.
- Production of media related programs for awareness creation.